There are multiple ways to connect to your Rust server. It is possible to connect to your server using the in-game server list, Rust's console, or Steam's server browser.
In order to join a server, you will need to know the server's IP address.
Your server address will be in the following format
- The server's IP address is the set of numbers before the colon (
:) symbol. - e.g.
- The numbers following the colon (
:) symbol is the server's port. - e.g.
Connecting with the Client Console
Using Rust's in-game client console allows you to directly connect to your server with a simple command followed by the server's IP address.
- Press the
F1 key to open the console's interface. Ensure the CONSOLE tab is selected in the top left of your screen.
- Type the command
client.connect <IP:port> and press Enter.
Connecting with the Steam's Server Browser.
Before we get started please note if you already started Rust then you will not be able to connect via this way. Also any Rust servers added to Steam's server browser will be show up on your Favourites tab.
- On the top left of the Steam app, navigate to View > Servers.
- Click on Add a Server.
- Enter the server's IP address and port, then click Add this Address to Favorites.
- Select the server then click the Connect.